This "rescued" brownstone has a restoration history similar to other mansions on the Avenue. The structure was built in 1893 for $25,000 by Joseph Lockley. The 16" bearing walls are of Iron River Lake Superior brownstone. In the mid-1950's the house was converted into 19 apartments. However, in the 1980's, a private developer bought the building, gutted it and rebuilt the interior, chemically cleaning and tuck-pointed the exterior. The same kind of brownstone from demolition sites in Minneapolis was used to attach a new porch. This old building is now Brownstone Corners Condominiums.